1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fable: The Lost Chapters. Problem

Discussion in 'Games' started by MySinofHubris, Apr 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MySinofHubris

MySinofHubris Thread Starter

I'm using Windows XP and around Christmas I bought Fable:The Lost Chapters. When I began playing it, the game worked like a charm. In early March a guy came in to connect the computer I played the game on with the other computers because we were having trouble connecting it ourselves. I'm not really sure what the guy did because it was all sorted out between him and my dad, but he took the computer for a few days and when he came back, all of the games (including Fable) were uninstalled.

I reinstalled it on Saturday and it all seemed to be working fine, but when I reach certain places in the game my monitor stops working. It goes completely blank and acts as though I had just shut down the computer...any ideas how to fix this?

(For those of you familiar with Fable: The Lost Chapters, the monitor shuts off when I take more than a few steps onto the beach to the right of the Inn in Oakvale. More problems might occur later, but I have to be able to walk on the beach in order to progress in the game)

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Go to Start > Run, and type:

dxdiag

What version of DirectX do you have and what display adapter?

(That's some repairman you got. Better find someone else :D)

3. MySinofHubris

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    Where do I find the info on my Display Adapter?
    (Device Name: ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 if that helps lol)

And the repair man is actually quite good, he just solved my dad's problem and in the process gave me a problem :p

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

5. MySinofHubris

My mistake, I actually told you the info for the wrong computer. However, conveniently my Alienware computer also has a problem running Fable.
    Whenever I try to run Fable on this computer (The Alienware Radeon X1400) it tells me an unexpected error occured and then gives me the option of either Sending or Not Sending an Error Report. I have installed and reinstalled it several times but I have never successfully opened the game

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

Did you try a new driver?

It works fine for me in Vista, so I know it's possible.

7. MySinofHubris

I tried a new driver but that didn't work.

Then i managed to make it work. I right clicked on the shortcut, when to Properties, Compatibility.
    Then Compatibility mode and just set it to run for Windows 98. No ill effects yet lol

Thank you for the help

8. iamwhatiseem

iamwhatiseem

Fable does not work if you are running an Alienware themed desktop.
    If you temporarily set your display theme to crappy Microsoft theme...the game will run fine.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702849

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice