1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Facebook disabled due to hack

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by rosesarered, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rosesarered

rosesarered Thread Starter

Two days ago my facebook account was hacked. I reported that it had been compromised, it was temporarily locked and asked me to send government ID to prove my identity so that they could get my account back to me.
    Problem is, I have had no verification of them processing my issue and most places online seem to say that they never do get back to you.

Has anyone experienced this? Is there anything I can do to regain control of my account.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    This is something you need to take up with Facebook. Are you going through the legitimate Facebook page for a hacked account: http://www.facebook.com/help/131719720300233/, if so then try going through the process again after a week as 2 days isn't that long. And don't click on suspicious emails as those are usually fake and phishing for information.

If Facebook doesn't accept your proof after a week or so and since Facebook is a free social service you may just want to create a new account and consider the hacked account a reminder that internet security is extremely important and that sites such as Facebook are very insecure. Also, if your Facebook account got hacked then you might want to change all the rest of your email passwords, security questions, and verification methods on all your other accounts.

3. rosesarered

rosesarered Thread Starter

Thank you for the reply. I'm definitely doing everything through the legitimate facebook process and I will wait a week. I must stress that I am not naive when it comes to my security and privacy. In fact, having my accounts hacked has worried me extremely as everything was well protected.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084842

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice