Facebook doesn't work in firefox any more

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jack-o-bytes

Hey everyone,

I am currently having a problem with Facebook and Firefox. I have the most up to date version of Firefox which is 5.0 I think and whenever I try and get onto Facebook I either get one of 3 things happen.

1) I can get onto Facebook for a few pages and then it will stop working and I will get one of the following errors.
2) I will get a 501 internal error report pop up.
3) I will get the "Content Encoding Error"

I can sometimes sort the problem for a very short time by clearing all the internet history and cache and then restarting Firefox but the problem usually comes back.

I uninstalled firebox and left the "Keep personal settings and information" ticked so I didn't loose my bookmarks but the problem persists.

I am able to use Firefox in Internet Explorer but I really really dislike that browser and would like to get my fave browser working again.

Any information or pointers would be great.

Thanking in advance, Jack-O-Bytes

Yeah, I've noticed that about Firefox 5. They only advice I can give at this time is downgrade back to Firefox 4 or Firefox 3 until everybody else catches up with where Mozilla wants them to be.

jack-o-bytes

I think Facebook has caught up now it appears to be working perfectly again :)

Thanks for the info, Jack-O-Bytes

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online