1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Facebook Is not working on my computer but i can go to other sites

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Lasko2, Jul 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lasko2

Lasko2 Thread Starter

for the past few days anytime i try to visit www.facebook.com a web page comes up and states (Oops! This link appears to be broken.
    Suggestions:
    Access a cached copy of www.*facebook.*com
    Search on Google:)
    i tried the suggestions and none of them worked.
    i also even went by a few of my friends and went on facebook on their computer and it worked fine without error.... so i do not know why i am experiencing this problem...i also even called isp and they said that my internet is working fine when they checked it and that since i am able to browse other pages it is not their problem...can anyone please assist me in rectifying this problem

2. Lex.Luthor

Lex.Luthor

What version or type of internet browser are you using? If you are using IE 5.5 and higher, I would start off by deleting the temp records and empty the cache from your computer. I've been using Facebook for a few years and on 15 different computers and have had no problems with 4 different browsers. Also try to ping it. it seems that it just might, just might be a problem with your router/modem system. my 2 wire will occasionally show a bad gateway or a poor connection.

Check it out and keep up posted!

3. Lasko2

Lasko2 Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1009237