Facebook issues-error msg

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sidabu

hi all,
I'm an avid facebook user..after running a malware/spyware check using avg and ad aware i am not able to access or click accept/ignore options on facebook neither am i able to send messages on facebook all i get is an error on page message at the bottom left part of screen... i thought uninstalling ad aware would help but to no avail! removed cid help as well... it's driving me nuts someone pls help! incidentally i'm using windows xp
thanks
sidabu

Have you tried emptying your temp internet files and cookies?

Have you restarted and then logged in clean to the site?

It sounds as if a tracking cookie was deleted which is needed to verify that you are a member and logged in.
Without it you are denied access to pages which have changed or which you have not visited (others you may be able to get the cached copy but not a refreshed or new one).

sidabu

it's possible that some cookies were deleted using ad aware but i have since uninstalled it...restarting lap top didn't solve problem either...help!

sidabu

found and deleted temp internet files,couldn't find the cookies...but that seemed to have sorted the problem ;-) why did it occur in the first place?thanks again for ur help! have a good day!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online