1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Facebook Messenger going berserk

Discussion in 'Apple Mobile Devices' started by sunflowergirl3, Jun 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunflowergirl3

sunflowergirl3 Thread Starter

I have an iPhone 7 and both Facebook and Messenger apps on my phone. Can anybody explain why Facebook messenger will sometimes show "active now" and other times just show the word "messenger", even when the person is active. I keep all of my apps updated. I even had a Facebook friend in the same room at the same time while they were active on Messenger just to help me check and see if it was my phone or the app. Their availability was on but it still didn't show them being active on my messenger. I don't know if this has any affect on it or not but I also had my husband's Facebook account on my phone too, along with his messenger. When he got his iphone 7, I deleted his Facebook and messenger account from my phone and he set it up on his phone. Everything is set up correctly on his phone also. Whenever I send a message to him through messenger, It says "active" for just a second and then goes back to saying "messenger" without him ever reading it from his end. I tried logging into his account from a desktop and it does the same thing. Is it possible that his account is still linked to mine somehow, and if so how can I fix it? I've deleted the apps and reinstalled them twice on my phone. Am I missing something or is Messenger just messed up? Please help(n):cry:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1211721

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice