Facebook not loading on Firefox and only partly on Chrome

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

auroreyoga

Facebook problem.PNG Hello. I am new here and am daunted by all the technical jargon you all so brilliantly use, so please be patient. :)

I have a Lenovo Laptop and am using Windows version 8.1 (this is where my knowledge of computers ends).

I need my Facebook account for work to promote my buisness and it isn't working anymore! It was working previously and has now stopped, I do not know why.

When I type www.facebook.com in the address bar of firefox, it just presents me with a page of indecipheral script (see photo above).

I tried to access it using Google Chrome, which worked for a while but now does not function correctly; although it allows me to log on, some of my contacts who happen to be online in the right hand column are showing as grey blanks and when I try to read my notifications, the little wheel (no idea what that is called) just turns and turns and nothing happens. I can read the newsfeed but I cannot post. It also will not allow me to log out so I have to open Facebook on my mobile and logout remotely from there. So annoying!

This is only a problem on my laptop as I can access Facebook from my mobile phone, as already mentioned, but that's a pain, I want to use my laptop!

Please can anyone help. I've read that I could disable add-ons but I don't have any on Firefox. I have plug-ins but I have no idea which ones I need and which ones I do not! I'm really stuck.

Thank you in advance.

Aurore

Last edited:
I've seen this issue before with users who had Kapersky antivirus software loaded. Do you have Kapersky installed?

auroreyoga

Hello Rollin

Thank you for your reply. No, I don't have Kapersky (searched for it on the laptop just in case, but no) but I do have Ad-Aware which my partner installed and I also have a free version of Malwarebytes and Windows Defender.

:)

auroreyoga

OMG, yes it works! How did you know that? I didn't think to try it, I never use Internet Explorer but I just opened it, tried and it COMPLETELY WORKS! I can see all my contacts on line, I can post messages for my classes and I can read my notifications. Yipeeeeeeee! I am so happy! Thanks so very much.

How did you know that? Why does it work on this browser and not the others?

auroreyoga

Sorry to be a pain but is there something I can do to make Facebook work on Chrome and Firefox? Why does it work on Internet Explorer but not the other two? I do not understand why. Thank you. :)

Two things to try in Firefox

1) Click the "Help" menu in Firefox and choose "Restart with add-ins disabled" and see if problem persists.

2) Click TOOLS >> OPTIONS and then select "CONTENT" from the menu on the left and look for the default font and try changing to something else.

In addition to what I asked you to try above I would also recommend deleting all your temp files and cookies to see if that has any effect.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online