1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

facebook not responding

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by fishyfeet, Jul 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fishyfeet

fishyfeet Thread Starter

when i open facebook it shows all my newfeeds, and number beside the groups indicating posts, if i click on a group to see the replys and past posts it shows nothing, i cannot comment to posts on my newsfeeds, or reply to messages, or send messages or even message facebook, nothing in facebook seems to work, yet it used to last week. any ideas and i tried sending this to facebook and no it wont post this either on to facebook useing the link yet twitter works fine.

2. SectorSecurity

SectorSecurity

Sounds to me like restrictive user profile settings, check your security settings, perhaps they are set to high?

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Your personal Facebook security settings have nothing to do with what you can view. They only affect on your content is viewable. Unless all your friends have suddenly restricted you, this is probably a web browser issue. Try a different browser like Chrome or Firefox.

4. WAstamper

WAstamper

I am having this same problem as fishyfeet. I can navigate between pages on Facebook, but am unable to "like", post or comment. Even when I try to go to "Help," it is unresponsive. When I click on a picture it does not respond. And I am using Google Chrome. This is only on my desktop (iMac), but works fine on my iPod and iPad. Other users in my household are able to access their fb accounts with no problem on the desktop. This has been going on for a couple days now.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1060275