1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Facebook not working on any computer on network

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by StradX, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StradX

StradX Thread Starter

Hey,

Today randomly while i was on facebook updating a new page, it froze and stopped working. now when i try to go to www.facebook.com on any computer (mac included) on chrome it tells me "oops google chrome cannot find www.facebook.com. I have tried the https:// thing checked the host file, tryed connecting directly to my modem with no difference. when i run a ping I get "ping request could not find host www.facebook.com please check the name and try again. I tried flushing the dns. Its driving me nuts that I can't figure it out. Could it be a banned type Ip or something since all my computers are having the same issue? only facebook is not working everything else seems to be fine. Any help would be great thanks!

2. thecrimsondawn

thecrimsondawn

I have the same issue as you man. Ive been doing some research on this for over an hour and this site has a LOT of different fix's for the same issue. There mostly very basic fix's but maybe one will help you.

However none of them worked for so I will make my own topic since there is a good chance there different.

As far as info related to this issue it seems to be location specific. My friend could log into my account for me and I could log into it as well via a proxy.

Hopefully someone can help us out eh? :)

3. thecrimsondawn

thecrimsondawn

Hey bud, I just got mine working by adding facebook to my trusted sites. I added it to both internet and to trusted and it works just fine now.

Not sure if we have the same exact facebook issue but it sure sounds like it.

Hope this helps

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085449

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice