1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

FaceBook Plug In

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by andten, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. andten

andten Thread Starter

Hello. I am trying to download facebook plug in and when I do, I can't get past the following message,In a moment, your computer may ask for permission to begin. Please approve this request by clicking on the yellow bar at the top of this window to continue. Can anyone help?

2. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

Are you saying you do not ever get the yellow bar at the top of the window? Or are you saying that clicking it does not do anything?

3. andten

andten Thread Starter

I don't get the yellow bar at the top of the window.

4. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

What OS are you using, what browser, and what plug in from Facebook are you trying to install?

5. andten

andten Thread Starter

Windows, Internet Explorer....How can I tell which Facebook Plugin I am using???

6. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

There are a lot of Windows. Narrowing it down would help. ;) Windows 2000? Windows XP Home? Windows XP Pro? Windows Vista? Windows 7?

What version of IE? 6? 7? 8?

:confused: Are you trying to download a facebook plugin or not? I don't understand how you cannot know which one you are trying to download. :confused: You said: "I am trying to download facebook plug in and when I do, I can't get past the following message,....." .....well, what do you click on to download? You are the one trying to download it, right? You are the one initiating it?

I'm sorry, I don't understand how you cannot know what you are trying to download, yet you know you have a problem when trying to download it? That doesn't make any sense. :confused:

7. andten

andten Thread Starter

Facebook photo uploader.....Windows XP Professional. IE-7. Your help is appreciated.

andten

8. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

The photo installer requires Java.

Go here:

[*]Download the latest version of Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE)JRE 6 Update 20 .

[*]Click the JDK 6 Update 20 (JDK or JRE) "Download JRE" button to the right.

[*]Select your Platform, Register and check the box that says: "I agree to the Java SE Runtime Environment 6 License Agreement.".

[*]Click on Continue.

[*]Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation ( jre-6u20-windows-i586.exe) and save it to your desktop. Do NOT use the Sun Download Manager..

[*]Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser. Double click the desktop file to start the installer. Read the dialog boxes carefully and UNCHECK any additional free software you do not want (like the Open Office products, etc). After it's installed, go back to facebook and try to upload photos to an album. The photo uploader should start automatically.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919880

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice