Facebook problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

polyfar

I log out of Facebook when ever I have finished using it. Twice a friend has told me I have been online all night and not logged off until early morning. I never receive security alerts and my ISP never changes.I trust the friend who is giving me this info. Can anyone shed a light on this for me, it's doing my head in, I also change my password. Thank you

polyfar

Add 2nd factor authentication for logon.
Thank you I have just done that. Hope it works I just can not figure out how or what they are doing to be able to log in to my account, also nothing private on it.

Perhaps you have recycled passwords from other web sites and one of them have been hacked.

polyfar

Perhaps you have recycled passwords from other web sites and one of them have been hacked.
Not sure, I understand what you mean but, I never use the same password twice.
I do know that some clever people can change your Facebook password i have had that done but, receive a code sent to my cell phone to get back in, What is wrong with these people?????

meh, hackers just wants to attack other people, control other's pc, and go through other people's stuff. It makes them feel powerful.

polyfar

meh, hackers just wants to attack other people, control other's pc, and go through other people's stuff. It makes them feel powerful.
Poor things I feel so sorry for them if this is the only way for them to feel powerful.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I use Face Book, but have never seen where it shows another to be online.
How do I check this out?

polyfar

I have a friend that lives in New York who does not sleep very well and asked me why I was up all night as he had seen me online during the night..... I did not log out of Facebook until 4am....... I was in bed and fast asleep, so he said he would keep an eye out for me and yes it happened again. You can see who is online from your list of friends there is a green light (I think it is at the side of their name). I used my phone to log in yesterday evening and using the two-factor authentication I got a code number to put in to make sure it was really me. Cracked it thank you
lunarlander who told me to do this.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online