1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Facebook tracking my wife/making her location public!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by earthman, Sep 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. earthman

earthman Thread Starter

We discovered this by accident really, whilst staying on a campsite my wife connected her phone to their wifi network, she obviously logged onto Facebook via the browser (she doesn't have the app installed on her phone) after checking her emails etc. Anyway, when we return home and she logs into FB via the home PC, she noticed that the campsite's name/location is clearly displayed on her page.

Personally I can't stand FB, compared to any other forum/website that I use, I've found it very unintuitive to use/find all the settings,.....can anyone give me some pointers on how to find and turn off this feature please??

2. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

It's not so much FB (as you stated no app installed) but the phone itself. You have to turn of the location setting in the phone. There is a setting in FB as well to turn of location.

3. earthman

earthman Thread Starter

Turning off the location setting within the phone won't help you with finding your way around via Google maps for example though will it? I'd rather turn FB's setting off, any tips on how to go about/find that particular option??

4. AmyToo

AmyToo

First Name:
    Amy
    Try turning off location for the browser app.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1232679

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice