1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Facebook won't let me log in on my computer

Discussion in 'Networking' started by tashagrace, Mar 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tashagrace

tashagrace Thread Starter

Ive been trying to sign into facebook on my computer for a couple of days now. Once i have pressed log in with all my details it just goes to a blank page and then loads to a "you must sign in to view this" page - it doesnt matter how many times i put my details in and log in, it just keeps returning to this page. I have tried clearing all browser history and cookies, plus ive run virus scans and tried restarting but nothing works! Please help! Thanks :)

2. Jimmyjazz

Jimmyjazz

This should probably go into Web & Email rather than Networking.

In any case, if your internet works fine, then maybe you just need to change your Facebook password. Click the Forgot your password? link and see if setting a new one fixes your problem.

3. tashagrace

tashagrace Thread Starter

i have tried that and it doesn't work :(

4. Abriam26

Abriam26

What kind of browser do you use? Internet explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, etc?
    Install it again, maybe there were some files missing or damaged.
    Internet Explorer you could find on the Microsoft website.
    Mozilla Firefox on www.mozilla-europe.org
    And Safari on www.apple.com

And if it still doesn't work, maybe just install a new browser for your Facebook.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/983702