1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

FACEBOOK - Wont load/open/Login

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by paulb100, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. paulb100

paulb100 Thread Starter

I dont know whats causing this but my girlfriend hasnt been able to get onto FACEBOOK for a while - so I tried and I couldnt get on,

Ive tried both accounts on the computer and no joy, I have deleted the HOST file as this caused problems before and still no joy

Sometimes we can get onto the site but cant log-in...???

I run XP Pro,
    Kaspersky v6
    PC Tools Firewall
    Firefox and IE7
    WiFi - WPA PSK 2

my sister says she can log on no problems so its not the website

2. waggy19

waggy19

Hi there,
    I assume this is constant in both firefox and IE? Has this only begun recently or have you got a new router/modem recently? What happens when you try to open the page? Does it go white and look like it may load? Then time out? It sounds like your security or firewall may be blocking the site. Have you tried resetting internet explorer settings to defaults? Also uninstall and reinstall internet explorer. Let me know how it goes :)

3. paulb100

paulb100 Thread Starter

tried EVERYTHING..
    in IE7 and Firefox... have disabled Firewall / Kaspersky, shutdown ALL running programs,

Every other site loads apart from that 1..... SOMETIMES the homepage loads but rarely, but when
    and if it does signing in cant connect to login.facebook.com

both browsers report as if it doesnt exist

have repaired the WiFi connection... whilst Ie7 diagnosis finds no faults with connection.

It appears that the problem is related to either

A) My NETGEAR DG834G Wireless Router
    B) TCP/IP setup

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/684552