Facebook worm/ sequel issues sound and printer gone

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

QQbeans

Hello everyone

I need some help: After opening a facebook message from a friend I immediately lost my internet connection after downloading whatever was "required to view video"

after deleting some unknown programs in safe mode, and running avg scan my computer seemed as though it was back to normal, I actually left the scan running overnight but when I came back today (found 8 trojans and apparently removed it) and did the restart of my system as requested in the dialog box I've lost my sound and printer is not being seen

I've tried reconnecting the printer physically (and restarting the computer since the software for the printer seems to be there still) I've tried downloading the drivers (won't let me) and as far as the sound it says there is no audio device

error messages go anywhere from: Windows installer not being available, printer spooler not installed, no audio device etc, also unable to do a system restore as somehow it disabled itself so there are no restore points to go back to other than today, tried last known good configuration and everything is still the same

Help me please! This is a work computer cannot just delete contents and restart

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online