1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Facial recognition in Google Photos within the UK

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by tjwwarner, Aug 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tjwwarner

tjwwarner Thread Starter

I have followed all recommendations that I can find on the web about using a VPN, Tunnelbear specifically pointing to the USA . I have tried this on my Android phone and my PC but it makes absolutely no difference to Google Photos and there are no references to facial recognition appearing in the settings.
    Most frustrating as I have carefully followed step by step but it just doesn't happen for me.
    I have also tried clearing cache and data and signing in anew, no difference!

What am I missing or possibly doing wrong?

Thanks
    Terry

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

What are you trying to achieve? Is this Google feature only available to the US?

3. tjwwarner

tjwwarner Thread Starter

Not available in UK due to privacy laws but the VPN fix should get round it. All details readily available online but just doesn't work for me.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Closing, as we do not support circumventing valid restrictions.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!