1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fact or Fiction ?

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by John Bull, Jan 28, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. John Bull

John Bull Banned Thread Starter

Supernatural, Paranormal, Ouija boards, Mediums, Fortune Tellers, Ghosts, Poltergeists, Evil Spirits, God`s, Devil`s and Demon`s, plus things that go bump in the night. Human sacrifices to appease the God`s and fanatical devotion to a mythical concept ? Supreme dedication to some dubious belief that does not work - the colossal tragedy still happens.

Is it just simple superstition, an evolutionary genetic psychological defect in the human brain, a by-product of the over- fertile human imagination, or is it true ?

Do you believe it or not ? If you do - WHY ?
    My conviction - it has just got to be crap - it is all complete and utter rubbish making a mockery of all elementary scientific principles. Your opinion ? Let`s hear what you have to say.

John

2. fel1x

fel1x

did a ouija board once with a group of mates many years ago , NEVER again , entire house furnishings rearranged themselves upside down and stacked up like in poltergeist films, a large lump of cheese flew off a table and hit a mate in face, still, I live in yorkshire uk home of all ghosts !!!

3. John Bull

Not a lot of people know this - but the old paranormal `aint no laughing matter. Thousands of people actually believe this crap, so don`t take the Mickey out uv `em. Next to cooking programs, the TV is chock full of Ghost hunters looking all green in their infra-red.

I have a confession to make. Whilst my literary waffle tends to poke fun at this absorbing subject, it is all a lie. I am a total convert and fanatical follower of everything psychic.

Reason :-
    The other night when I was taking my dog for a walk, an entire Roman Legion marched straight past us towards the all-night Tesco where they stopped for a packed sandwich each - the Centurion even waved at us. So ya see, it `aint so funny is it ?

John

4. valis

valis Moderator

the day I begin to believe in psychics is the day one of the wins the lottery. :)

"All those with telekinesis raise my hand."

5. valis

valis Moderator

just call me the informed skeptic.

6. John Bull

Valis, you`re no sceptic, just an intelligent, extremely well educated, sensible and normal guy. I hate to say this `cos ya probably won`t appreciate it, but rather like me.

From your No.1 fan
    John

PS - Gee that avatar ? I recognise him, it`s Gefreiter Adlof Hitler popping his cork when the only friend he had in WW1, a British AWOL Jack Russell terrier he called "Fuchsl" or Little Fox ran off and left him.

7. valis

valis Moderator

nope, wrong avatar........just suffice to say that it ties in with my moniker on a subether level somewhere. :)

8. valis

valis Moderator

and "intelligent, extremely well educated, sensible and normal guy(s)" are usually the skeptics around these here parts.

9. 1956brother

1956brother

why not, it is something to do...are you southern baptist:confused:

10. 1956brother

1956brother

if you can find one in these parts:D

11. Stoner

Stoner Banned

I remember several years back when there was a resurrection of a TSG member in the photo forum..... that had passed away....:D

Looked like he caught hell for doing it ................... LOL!

12. John Bull

Southern Baptist ? What`s that ?
    Me, nah, I`m just a devout Atheist who is totally dedicated to absolute scientific facts or principles and natural terrestrial phenomena.
    John :p

13. valis

valis Moderator

bonk bonk. Bad stoner..........:)

14. valis

valis Moderator

THAT.........may get you into a slew of trouble if you begin applying scientific knowledge in an attempt to prove ghosts......

I tend to enjoy paranormal phenomenae as well, but even though I've been looking for decades, I've yet to find anything that has been conclusively proven to be beyond our scale of comprehension. Probably the closest are either Bohemian Grove or Puma Punku, and at least one of those is meant in jest. I'll let you decide.

15. John Bull

Hello Valis my new found friend.
    Slightly wrong statement - whilst there are thousands of misguided scientists and other so-called intellectuals devoting their lives by TRYING to prove there ARE ghosts with just about every high tech piece of junk available, I am on the other side of the coin.

I don`t need to waste my humble abundance of scientific knowledge in PROVING there ARE ghosts - there ARE NONE. It is a mental legacy of human inbred superstition going back through consecutive generations to the Stone Age. The only ghosts in my life are on TV.
    John

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977485

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice