factory pc settings

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

j60hnt

just a wondering ive had to reset my laptop running windowsxp home/and my wife laptop running vista home as my father is having them by doing this i had to press F11KEY on start up as told by the retail outlet i bought them from this will set them back to the day they came out the boxes and yes it did i was delited just how my father wanted them like new and he was able to set them all up from scratch,, however i told a mate of mine how to do this and said he couldnt do it on his xp professional CAN ANY BODY TELL ME WHY THIS IS....

fairnooks

Banned
Sure, its a feature some (but not all) system manufacturers put on a computer for factory settings recovery. Even though such a factory reset restores the operating system as well it is not associated with a function of the operating system directly.

So it depends on who the manufacturer of the computer is, not the operating system. Also in the course of using the computer, corruption or deletion of the stored restore image\information can occur and make it impossible to reset to factory conditions.

j60hnt

many thanks and its a dell pc he had that hasnt got this option

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online