1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Factory reinstall failing after reinstall

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by BluThunderduck12, Jan 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BluThunderduck12

BluThunderduck12 Thread Starter

Hello , I have been struggling trying to reinstall windows 7 ever since it crashed on me. I keep trying to reinstall windows 7 from the vendors original discs but whenever it completes the recovery of factory default software process it just keeps giving me error even though i have exhausted all of the options from the toshiba recovery menu. I am still not able to recover my Toshiba Satellite P745-S4102 back. Can someone please help me with this??

2. snuffleufflegus

snuffleufflegus

whats the error your getting? your toshiba should have a "built in" to "restore to factory defaults" setting.
    You should be able to get to it by holding down the "0" key or the "f12" key while booting up untill the warning screen appears.
    When the warning screen appears,click "yes" to start the toshiba recovery wizard.
    Select "Recovery of Factory Default Software" from the list of options, then click "Next." The "Recovery of Factory Default Software" dialog box will open.
    Click "Recover to out-of-box state," then click "Next." A final warning that resetting your Toshiba Satellite to factory default will erase all of your data will appear. Click "Next" to initiate the recovery. The Satellite will display a confirmation message when the recovery process is complete. Press any key to restart the notebook. The Toshiba Satellite will boot up to the Windows 7 setup screen, which will let you begin setting up and personalizing Windows

3. BluThunderduck12

Whenever it completes the factory restore process using the disc it gives me another window stating <Error> F3-F200-0002

4. BluThunderduck12

Well it was doing that previously and was acting as if it was finalizing the changes in order to prepare windows for first use but it crashed on me again .

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Toshiba Satellite P745-S4102 Laptop (support site)
    According to its marketing specifications, it originally came with Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit.

Where did you obtain the "vendors original discs" you claim to be using?
    Does that laptop still contain all of its original hardware?
    Have you unplugged all optional (flash drive, hard drive, printer, etc.) external hardware?

----------------------------------------------------------------

6. BluThunderduck12

Hello Flavallee, I obtained my vendor discs from a number you call listed on the original HP website.

The laptop still contains the original hardware and I have unplugged all external hardware as well , I have been looking at videos online to reset it back to original factory settings but it is still not working. I have been at it for hours trying to reset it back to its original settings but am on the brink to throwing it against the wall ! Can someone please help me?

7. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    What "original HP website" are you referring to?
    Can you provide a webpage link to it?

According to your comments in post #1, you laptop is a Toshiba brand.

----------------------------------------------------------------

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221553

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice