Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Factory reset Dell Windows Vista Inspirion 531

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  flavallee 
#1 ·
ok, I recently was handed a Dell Inspirion 531 Desk top that needs to be factory reset for my fathers Estate sale. How on earth can I do this without a disc? or partition to work with? I've tried all the lovely F keys to no avail. Anyone????

#3 ·
its Windows Vista and not sure what number you want other than the 531. There is a duel core processor number of 5600, But as for any other number, NO idea. The manual shows the factory reset options, however those do not work when tried, or searched for. are you talking Serial number?

#4 ·
So when I hit Ctrl F11 nothing happens... when I hit F8 on reboot, it brings me into advanced options, but NO option to repair my computer shows up. just Safe mode, safe mode with networking , safe mode with command prompt, Enable boot logging, enable low resolution video, last known good configuration, directory services restore mode, debugging mode, disable automatic restart on system failure, Disable driver signiature enforcement, And last but not least Start Windows Normally. NONE of which are any good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.