1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

factory reset disk

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ukboy, Feb 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ukboy

ukboy Thread Starter

i have a tiny comtputer, which came with windows xp preinstalled on it, all i have is a factory restore disk which puts the computer back into its original state, 3.5 gigs are set by on the computer for the restore, would it had of been possibe for a worm to infect the hidden memory in the computer that stores the information for the restore?

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Anything's possible, you have to be more specific as to why you suspect this has happened.

3. Jtoast

Jtoast

if you got a virus, then your computer set a restore point then yes, the virus/trojan would still be there inside the restore.

but as johnwill said, would need more info to really be of help here.

4. ukboy

ukboy Thread Starter

sorry if i asked the question in a which you couldnot understand(i dont mean to be rude) this restore disk apparently does the same as reformating the computer and installing a new copy of windows xp, 3.5 gigs of hard disk(hidden in the computer) is put by and i guess containg files that are extracted some how and the computer turns to the state of when you first turn it on.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!