factory reset failure cant login to admin please helppp

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jesskidd

okk here it goes.. i have a emchine laptop with a factory reset option.. so ive reset it a few times.. trying to keep it at a good running speed.. the last time i factory reset my laptop,, it stoped 3/4s the way through.. i restarted it ( its happened once or twice before. and normally would have continued . well now it wont let me in to the administrator and i cant do anything.. is there not away to reset it without disk.. ohh my laptop doesnt have a cd tray.. or maybe windows has a default password...????? i have my secial number .. ive tried typing admin.. i never had passwords before...

jesskidd

My laptop stopped midway through installation.. Ive might have messed around to fix it but i never put any passwords. If i restart my laptop it brings me to the log in page desplaying admin and guest.. All i can get into is guest.. I did go into safe mode and tried fixing it myself. .. Another thing.. The webcam which comes installed isnt there. I have windows starter if this makes a difference.. not being able to do anything. . Update anything... Etc is a real pain in the butt. i would have called up emachimes or windows but both charge money for help..
should i just get it dumped in a computer shop... I would really like to know if theres an easy fix

jesskidd

My laptop stopped midway through installation.. Ive might have messed around to fix it but i never put any passwords. If i restart my laptop it brings me to the log in page desplaying admin and guest.. All i can get into is guest.. I did go into safe mode and tried fixing it myself. .. Another thing.. The webcam which comes installed isnt there. I have windows starter if this makes a difference.. not being able to do anything. . Update anything... Etc is a real pain in the butt. i would have called up emachimes or windows but both charge money for help..
should i just get it dumped in a computer shop... I would really like to know if theres an easy fix

When you restored it in the past, were there those 2 accounts on the Welcome screen?

What name was on the user account?

Did any errors pop up during the process?

jesskidd

Normaly when i restart. It takes time installing then brings me straight past the login screen. This time..after the installation seemed frozen i restarted it.. Instead of restarting were it left off like its done before. Instead it brought me to the login page. Displaying admin and guest.. I tried going into safe mode and making or fixing accounts.. I did have a account password awhile ago but ive sucessfully factory reset it atleast 3 times after.. It seems like ive stopped the process of installling back to factory and i cant get back into admin to continue...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online