Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Toni-Leigh

I was told to press f12 when restarting to get to the boot menu which I did and I was then told to select 'HDD' recovery and press enter. This part confuses me as it's not there, I can see 'Built-in HDD1 Toshiba MK12376SX' but that's not it so I clicked 'enter setup'

Once in I can see' Built-in HD Password Select' and 'Set HDD User Password' under the security tab and 'Built-in HDD1 Toshiba MK12376SX-(S1)' under the boot tab.

Neither of these seem to be it so I tried f1 which is help which literally says <f9> loads Factory installed Setup Default values.

Thinking this would be it I clicked it. It said Load default configuration now? So I clicked yes and it told me to exit while saving changes so I said yes.

Nothing has worked, how do I completely wipe the laptop? Like with a phone factory reset, how do I do that with my laptop?!?

So there's no password or saved pictures or saved songs or anything at all!? Can you please help?

kanaitpro

Account Closed
i would suggest starting by giving enough information help you. important things like the model of the toshiba (they have been around since at least 1985) or operating system (sounds like windows, since you need help with it) but there are at least three versions i know of that offer a reset function, then there is 7 and vista, or possibly xp that don't. if you're using xp, stop.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
What's the model name and complete model number of that Toshiba laptop?
(Note: 2 sets of characters separated by a dash comprise the complete model number)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online