Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Factory Reset: Fujitsu AH532 Laptop

Solved 
1K views 11 replies 2 participants last post by  managed 
#1 ·
Hi,

I seem to get problems like this a lot recently so it's arguable this is me getting old and stupid despite a long career in computing (I retired 4 years back). Bear with me :)

I have an older laptop, a Fujitsu AH532, which fully supports nothing higher than Windows 8.0 by which I mean that's as high as the driver support appears to go (even though, when I got it, it had a part-functional version of Windows 10 on it). It offers partial support for Windows 8.1 and 10 but, particularly on recent versions of Windows 10, it is sluggish in operation; it takes the best part of two minutes to reach the desktop, folders seem to take ages to open and shutdown takes nearly half-a-minute whereas they are reasonably snappy on Windows 8x and shutdown takes less than 10 seconds. Windows 8.1 and higher versions don't seem to support the trackpad; hopefully that all explains why I am trying to "update" the system to a version of Windows lower than I would like?

Code:
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8, 64 bit, Build 9200, Installed 20210411094222.000000+060
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3110M CPU @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
Hard Drives: C: 446 GB (413 GB Free);
Motherboard: FUJITSU FJNBB2A, s/n 578703-01R3401224
System: FUJITSU // Phoenix Technologies Ltd., ver FUJ - 20E0000, s/n YLKV149823
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated
Drivers for the machine are fairly hard to come by; I found a Fujitsu support page for the drivers, but listing them on the page and actually getting them to download seem to be two entirely different level issues.

Normally laptops offer some kind of factory reset option and I suspect this one once had one, it just doesn't any more by which I mean I have tried every way I can to do a factory reset, it just doesn't work. Equally clearly, the factory reset partitions are still there, just inaccessible to me; which brings me to my question.

Is there any way of accessing the reset files and reinstalling them on the hard drive that doesn't involve the standard way of doing it? Pressing [F12] brings up a boot option list as expected, but apparently it should also have a recovery option on it and it doesn't.

Thanks

James

See less See more
#4 ·
You do have a recovery partition, the last partition on Disk 0.
In Disk Management right click on it and the click on 'Change drive letter... ' and give it a drive letter.

Now you should be able to see the files on that partition under that drive letter in Windows/File Explorer.
Please let me know if there is a Setup(.exe) file there.

#5 ·
Hi,

You do have a recovery partition, the last partition on Disk 0. In Disk Management right click on it and the click on 'Change drive letter... ' and give it a drive letter.
I had to use diskpart but yeah, done.

Now you should be able to see the files on that partition under that drive letter in Windows/File Explorer. Please let me know if there is a Setup(.exe) file there.
There was no setup.exe however, there were some other executables.

Thanks

James

Attachments

#8 ·
I think if you run the OBRSetTool_amd6(4.exe) file it will start the restore process.

First though backup any files you need to keep onto external media (Usb stick, CD/DVD, external hard drive, the cloud).
Also make sure you have any serial keys to re-install any payed for software.
Also make a note of the Windows key, you can use this program to get it :- http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/produkey-x64.zip

I noticed in your tsginfo you installed Windows 8 on the 11th of this month.
Do you have a way to install it again if the recovery goes wrong ?

#9 ·
I think if you run the OBRSetTool_amd6(4.exe) file it will start the restore process.
Unfortunately, it didn't work. It did some strange stuff like assign recovery partitions disk letters. I looked at them (for *.exe and *.cmd files), even ran most of them, but there was little visible result. I'm currently rebuilding with Windows 7 because the manuals I've found suggest that was what the machine came with.

James

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.