1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Factory Reset Help with alienware/dell

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by deathwishxvi, Jul 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. deathwishxvi

deathwishxvi Thread Starter

Hi, im trying to factory reset my computer because i'm just tired of having a full HD, and random software from years ago. Anyways, my current OS is Windows 7 and I have an Alienware m15x. Now i've read up on a few ways to restore this specific computer, however, I don't have the installation disc, AlienRespawn/DellDataSafe does not appear when press f8 at boot menu, and i don't have a factory system image to recover from apparently. So with this being said, Is there anyway to factory reset? I have a bootable USB drive with windows 7 recovery on it, but I need a system image or something I believe. I've also tried download AlienRespawn Win 7 patch off of alienware.com but when I try to use it it says "Change.MBR failed"

2. Dell-Kris

Dell-Kris Dell Representative

Hello,
    My name is Krishna and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell. The restore process can also be initiated within windows. Try the steps mentioned in the below link and see if it helps.
    http://support.dell.com/support/top...c=us&cs=19&docid=439099&doclang=en&l=en&s=dhs
    If this doesn't help, I would suggest you call our technical support department at (866) 287-6727.

Regards,
    Dell-Kris K

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1061191