1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Factory reset laptop Lost folder HELP!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kbaasit, Jul 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kbaasit

kbaasit Thread Starter

I did a factory reset on my Toshiba satellite L500 laptop, prior to doing this I copied and pasted the folders from my C drive over to an external 4tb Seagate drive.
    Suffice it to say, I didn't check the external drive to make due everything was there prior to my doing the factory reset!
    Once the laptop was taken back to original factory settings, I discovered that the files and files were ask in the external drive with the exception of one folder!!

Is it possible to get this folder back?

Is win 7 64 bit.

Thanks

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Not likely. The factory reset rewrites the C: drive.

Try using a data recovery program. I've had good luck with EaseUS Data Recovery. Perform a scan and see if the folder/files can be found.

Don't get your hopes up, and the more the laptop is used, the more likely the data will not be found.

3. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    What's the name of the missing folder ?

4. kbaasit

kbaasit Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1152129

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice