1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Factory reset locked laptop.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by tagrant25, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tagrant25

tagrant25 Thread Starter

Hi,
    I am very stuck and confused. I have been trying factory reset my late brothers laptop so it can be used as new but it has a bitlocker key and admin password and I can't access any menus to reset the laptop. I'm not interested in saving files or restoring the system, I just want to completely wipe the laptop and start fresh. Any ideas on how to do this? It's a dell latitude e7250 on windows 7 enterprise.

Thanks

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    What's the exact "service tag" number and/or "express service code" number on that Dell Latitude E7250 laptop?

Was it privately-owned or business-owned?

This model laptop appears to originally come with Windows 8 Pro 64-bit, but I can't confirm that.
    The rules here don't allow us to assist with a password-protected computer because we have no way of knowing the real intent of the person who's trying to access it.

I'm not familiar with and have never used BitLocker, so I don't know if it prevents the use of the laptop's built-in factory restore partition or if it prevents the use of a factory restore disc kit.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1165078

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice