Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

factory reset

1K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  Snuffleufflegus 
#1 ·
i accidentally deleted a bunch of stuff on my computer. i’ve have tried watching the “how to download a browser without a browser” videos but none of them work. i’ve resorted to doing a factory reset. a have a slight problem, being that my keyboard does not work. when the computer is booting up i’m not able to go to the screen for me to be able to do that because my keyboard doesn’t work. please help!!

#2 ·
Do you have another keyboard to test? Is this a laptop or desktop? Did the keyboard work before the factory reset?

#4 ·
Okay, Does the keyboard light up or work when first starting up. Were you able to perform the factory reset or are you saying you cannot because the keyboard does not work? Do you have a USB keyboard you can connect to the laptop and test?

#6 ·
That is about your only option then if your keyboard does not work at all. If you are comfortable opening it up then you can check the keyboard ribbon connectors for loose connections. This is sometimes the cause.

#10 ·
What is the exact mode of your hp laptop? It may or may not have a factory reset option. If not, then you will either have to get a disk from HP for your model or Reinstall Windows 7.

Is your keyboard working now or at least when it starts up?

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
If you have accidently deleted files for internet explorer,you could try reinstalling it.

1.Go to control panel/programs/programs and features.
2.On the left click on "Turn windows features on or off".
3.In the windows features box that appears,uncheck "Internet explorer".
4.It may ask you to reboot.If not,reboot anyway's.
5.Upon reboot,repeat steps 1 and 2,only this time for step 3 put a check mark back in the box beside "internet explorer" so that it will reinstall it.
6.when it's finished installing,it may ask to reboot.If not,do so anyway's.

Hopefully that fixes the problem.

On another note,if you have other browsers installed like chrome/ff..etc..Got to control panel/programs/programs and features and uninstall them.It may however give you an error where you removed/deleted files pertaining to the browsers.
If it cant uninstall the program,it may ask you if you want to remove the program from the list.Click "Yes".

I would then do a disk cleanup using ccleaner to rid your computer of any left over files before reinstalling any other browsers. ( do not use the registry cleaner in ccleaner).only use the "cleaner".

If you succeed in reinstalling internet explorer,you can then use internet explorer to reinstall chrome/ff or whichever browsers you previously had.

#13 ·
#16 ·
Are you saying that you tried following steps and it did not work or did you get that far? If it did not work then it probably means that the restore partition is no longer available.

Are you bale to boot the computer at all or get to safe mode ect?

To recover the original hard drive image using f11, follow these steps:

1. Restart the computer, and then press esc while the "Press the ESC key for Startup Menu" message is displayed at the bottom of the screen.

2. Press f11 while the "Press <F11> for recovery" message is displayed on the screen.

3. Follow on screen instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.