1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Factory Reset

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by hammi_poop, Dec 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hammi_poop

hammi_poop Thread Starter

Ive got problem after problem with my dell insipiron 1300 laptop, ive decided the best thing to do is reset it, how do i do a master reset?I saw on one website to press ctrl and f11 but that brings me up the screen where you choose safe mode, i dont have a reboot disk my last option is factory reset please help.

2. Old Rich

Old Rich

3. hammi_poop

i cant find anything

4. Old Rich

Old Rich

Can't find anything where? Did you enter your Service Tag Number?

The second link guides you thru discovering if there is a recovery partition or not.

This is a great guide for reinstalling on a Dell: http://www.djdenham.com/Install Procedures.htm

5. hammi_poop

well it is supposed to have a reset option you press ctrl and f11 on start up, but it doesnt give me a reboot option just the safe mode etc

6. Old Rich

Old Rich

7. LitomoSilver

LitomoSilver

Ugh...I was typing a reply to you on the factory resetting thing when suddenly the local library kicked me out of the system lol...Anyways...best way to get it is:

Email Tech Support. Give them your Service Tag. The tag should be somewhere on your system either in the back or on the sides, or on the front. Then you ask them how do you reset the BIOs in the computer. Then you do exactly that.

But if it was a recovery partition in the hard drive, then someone reinstalled, it'd most likely be wiped out. You might want to reinstall your OS, or ask Dell to send a Dell Technician to set that up for you.

8. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

9. Old Rich

Old Rich

Bad echo in here . . .

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!