1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Factory Resetted Phone - Can I still Recovery Photos?

Discussion in 'Android Mobile Devices' started by HeyImBrandon4, Dec 2, 2017.

Advertisement
  1. HeyImBrandon4

HeyImBrandon4 Thread Starter

I had a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime that had some pictures that I "thought I would never use in the future" that I've deleted.
    I got a new iPhone 6 and passed my Grand Prime over to my Grandmother who has went back to another country to live in.
    I can't get the phone back now. But I still use the GMAIL account today. Is there a way that I can recovery those pictures using my GMAIL account WITHOUT the Grand Prime?

Please, I really need those pictures :/
    Thanks!
    -Brandon

2. Sponsor

3. HeyImBrandon4

What a forums. No reply in 2 days. k

4. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor

The pictures would only be stored on the phone unless you sent them as attachments to email messages to or from your Gmail account or you specifically backed them up to Google drive.

5. texasbullet

texasbullet

If I am not mistaken, I think you will need your old phone to see your pictures on your gmail account.

6. HeyImBrandon4

So even if the phone was factory resetted, I can get it back by logging into the account on the phone again, and then what? How do I recover the pictures from the phone even thought it's been factory resetted?

7. plodr

plodr

First you deleted the pictures then you factory reset the device. Those pictures are gone unless you backed them up.

https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6193313?co=GENIE.Platform=Android&hl=en

As you scroll down that page, note that it says
    Since you now have an iPhone, that isn't going to work.
    Gmail has nothing to do with the Google Photo app.

8. texasbullet

texasbullet

If your phone does the backup automatically you should be able to see the pictures on your gmail account. I previously had an old gmail account and once I added the account to the cell phone I was surprised that I saw two pictures I took a few years back when I logged into my gmail account on my computer.
    If you didn't had your old phone to backup your photos, then you may be out of luck.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!