Factory restore now Internet wont work

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

garners9

I was given an acer aspire z5600. I did a restore to factory and now the Internet browser won't work. The wifi is connected and working but when I open the browser it says "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" I clicked the diagnose connection problemspeed button and it came up "troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem". It's a 64bit operating system with Windows 7 Home.

metallica5456

Andrew
Trusted Advisor
Try a factory reset on IE. Can you not access ANY WEBSITES PERIOD?

It may be because if you FR'd the laptop, then you are likely using an old version of IE which could be the issue.

Can you use another computer and download a different browser install file to it, like Google Chrome, and install it onto the computer and see if that works? That would tell you if there's an underlying issue with the actual internet connection or if it's just simply browser/IE related.

garners9

Try a factory reset on IE. Can you not access ANY WEBSITES PERIOD?

It may be because if you FR'd the laptop, then you are likely using an old version of IE which could be the issue.

Can you use another computer and download a different browser install file to it, like Google Chrome, and install it onto the computer and see if that works? That would tell you if there's an underlying issue with the actual internet connection or if it's just simply browser/IE related.
OK, I'll try to download and install Google Chrome. I can't access any websites. It's not a laptop, it's an all in one acer aspire. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

metallica5456

Andrew
Trusted Advisor
No difference, I had thought that model was a laptop which I owned before. Sorry for the confusion.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online