1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[FAD] A call to all TSG members

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by korgul, Jul 9, 2003.

Advertisement
  1. Toddles18

Toddles18

I'm in, looks like a real cool project, I hope more of our fellow TSG members join up. with over 67000 members we should be able to be in the lead in a matter of weeks, not to mention it's all for a good cause.

2. korgul

korgul Thread Starter

cool welcome aboard.

There are some heavy hitters out there. Team Think is averaging around 20 - 30 million points a weeks :eek: :eek:
    The team that I left was averaging around 20 million per week and there were only about 60 people on the team. Granted alot of the members ran the project on alot of computers so we might have actually had close to 200 computers crunching for us.

Just think if all members of TSG joined with us and each had only 2 PC's crunching that would be 134,000 computers crunching.
    So lets start recruiting the others here. ;)

BTW Toddles18 Happy B-day

3. RandyG

RandyG

Geez!

How long does it take, on average to work your way through one of these tasks?

The home system is an old PII350 with about 660MB Ram and it's been working on this first leg for 23 1/2 hours, and only 66.7% done!!!

4. korgul

korgul Thread Starter

I have seen some go for quite awhile (30 hours ) sitting at 60%, then finish in like 20 min.

Then I have seen some take only a few hours from start to finish.

5. korgul

korgul Thread Starter

toddles18
    RandyG

I just checked, you guys are now showing up on the stats page.

WELCOME

Now the first challenge, Catch me if you can :p

6. Toddles18

Toddles18

no worries there :)

7. korgul

korgul Thread Starter

8. websurfer

websurfer

Mike - please make this a sticky topic, it's for a good cause, and should be veiwed by everyone, and not run off to the pages that nobody looks at.

9. Toddles18

Toddles18

ok korgul, 11 finished to 19 in just a couple days, how many pc's do you have running this??? I mean come on, how am I ever supposed to catch up?

10. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

OK, started a few work PC's on it this monday, no way am I adding it to the servers though. Tried it on the home server, but it really started to mess with the graphics so I had to remove it. I'll add it to the kid's machines later, but they're not always on. I'll try to add it to the home server again when I have time to add it to the scheduler so that it doesn't cause any more problems. :D Should be making some waves in the amount of jobs completed soon.

11. korgul

korgul Thread Starter

Right now I have no computers running it. I am out of town for the week so I had to turn my main PC off.
    Now when I get back on Sat. I will have my main rig and this one here running 24/7. The reason you see the jump is because I will let this one run for a week without connecting to the internet. Then on Friday I will bring it home from work, hook it into my home network and send any finished jobs. Then on sunday I will stock up with jobs and take it back into work to run all week. :D

12. Toddles18

Toddles18

Well this kinda stinks, my first three were from my home PC, then I just uploaded 2 that my work PC completed over the weekend, it created another entry on the stats called toddles18;1.......I thought it would just add the results to the account I already had, instead of creating a new one. I wonder if I have to export the jobs, and then send them all from the same machine....That sounds like a lot of work to me.

13. aineo

aineo

I have sent mine in from different machines, but they are all sharing the same public IP, so maybe that is why mine showed up the same. I have it running on all 4 of mine right now (although my sone anted his listed under his own user name), but I may be taking it off one of mine. It seems to be slowing that machine down quite a bit. The other 3 are running as if there is nothing different though.

14. Toddles18

Toddles18

It must be the IP address, I'll have to see when the other pc I have at home finally finishes a job....it's a pretty slow machine, but it is acting as my gateway. I will inform everyone of my results then.

15. McTimson

McTimson

Is this anything at all like FAH ([email protected])? I've been running FAH for a while now, and am quite addicted to it. I don't know....looking at their site now...I think it's going to take a lot to get me to switch to this program. The team I'm folding for is in 3rd place in FAH, and once school starts, I plan on getting a ton of computers to fold for them. If you can convince me to swtich to this, then I just might...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/145626

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice