1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fade images in PowerPoint. Help!

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ac11, Apr 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ac11

ac11 Thread Starter

Please help. I have several images on a PowerPoint slide, and I want to make all but one fade when I click the mouse.

Is there a feature that will let me fade (or drown out the color) of the images, while still keeping them there?

Thanks!

2. techguy41

techguy41

yes, it is called Emphasis.

3. ac11

ac11 Thread Starter

Techguy41, I can't find the information about the "emphasis" feature...and I looked extensively in the help guide. Can you tell me where I'd find it? Thanks.

4. techguy41

techguy41

Ok, under custom annmation click on add effect. You will see entrance, emphasis, exit, and motion paths. click emphasis and do what you want with wathever you want.

Hope this helps.

5. XL Guru

XL Guru

AFAI can establish, "add effect ... entrance, emphasis, exit, motion paths" applies only to Office XP and beyond.

I couldn't find any help for fading out for P-Point 2000 & before. The Visual Basic Editor didn't help either.

>> drown out the color

You could in theory insert a copy of your first image, format it as watercolour, group it with your second image, and position it so that when it kicks in, the watermark portion (of the object) sits on top of (and obscures) the first image. But the more images you had, the messier it would get. Plus it would switch straight to watermark, not fade ; for that, you'd probably need a freebie gif animator.

Rgds (/regrets),
    Andy

6. techguy41

techguy41

No, just do what I said.

7. XL Guru

XL Guru

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223555

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice