1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

fading cell background color?

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by paulb100, Oct 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. paulb100

paulb100 Thread Starter

I want the background color of a cell to fade lighter as it goes from left to right - how do you do this? do I have to somehow create it as a gif then add it as a background or can dreamweaver CS3 do it on spec?

I dont know how to create it as a GIF anyway , I do have photoshop , illustrator and fireworks

2. -Fabez-

-Fabez-

It is called a gradient and can be made as a .Jpg file to save space, if you want to make one using pictures.

3. paulb100

paulb100 Thread Starter

ive managed to create the plain background as a jpg in paint... now how/what do I use to add gradient to it?

thanks

4. -Fabez-

-Fabez-

5. paulb100

paulb100 Thread Starter

thanks for that - its for MX2004 but i managed to find it in CS3 but it grades from top to bottom - i want left to right

thanks

6. -Fabez-

-Fabez-

When you click on the gradient, a line with a box on one end and a circle on the other should appear. Hover near the box untill the curved arrow appears then rotate it to change the direction of the gradient. In order to make it a left to right gradient you will also need to move the circle by dragging it. Try experimenting untill you get the gradient you want.

7. paulb100

paulb100 Thread Starter

theres nothing that you mention in Fireworks CS3
    when you select gradient a box appears from which you have to choose linear etc.... edge and texture can be changed... but theres no line with box and circle

8. dannyn

dannyn

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758121

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice