1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

failed connection

Discussion in 'Networking' started by notsosupersam, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. notsosupersam

notsosupersam Thread Starter

hi guys i have a acer aspire 5050 that is having a problem connecting to my network i have two desktops and one laptop running on the same network and have no problems when i run my cursor over the connection it gives me my network name then goes to and fro in a matter of seconds from excellent connection and everything ok to limited or no conectivity it says this problem occured because the network did not assign a network address to the computer, tried to repair (no) tried to unplug router and re start (no) tried network diognostics (no) looked at all the conections on this laptop and they are the same in the wireless network properties tried resetting the network key, where am i goin wrong:(

2. gurutech

gurutech

Check to make sure that the Acer wireless application isn't conflicting with the WZC service in Windows XP.

I can't count how many machines I've run into where there is a conflict between the WZC and the manufacturer's own wireless client utility.

If you have XP SP2, I would suggest disabling the manufacturer's utility. If you have XP or XP SP1, then disable the WZC service.

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    If you are blocking yourself with MAC Address filtering, limited Dhcp range, Dhcp server disabled, etc., on the router you may want to rethink those tactics.

Make sure the Dhcp Client service is running (Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services).

Disable encryption on the router, connect the problem PC, re-enable encryption and reconnect the PC. For encryption use WPA2 or WPA-PSK if possible. If have to use WEP then use a hex key; not a passcode that gets translated 'cause sometimes the translations differ.

4. notsosupersam

notsosupersam Thread Starter

cheers for speedy responce( terrynet & gurutech)sorry it has took time to get been working all weekend, any way 1 how do i disable manufactures wireless utility how do i no if i am blocking myself with mac address filtering the dhcp client service is running.
    as of now i have got full strength on wireless connection status and all activity seems ok but when i try to go to my home page it wont have it last night it would connect to home page and then open page i serched for but try to go to the next page it would not find and says it lost connection yet the signal is still excellent and the status says connected but click home again and it goes back to google (home page)

5. gurutech

gurutech

Go to a CMD prompt and type IPCONFIG /ALL and post your IP address and "gateway" address.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542540

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice