1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Failed re-instalation of WIn XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Crazer, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Crazer

Crazer Thread Starter

hey guys,
    Okay so when I tried to reinstall windows XP on my old desktop it reformatted just fine, then when it was copying files over I got a messages saying it failed copying a file over... it was only half done at this point and I know i prolly should have written down the info but I didn't.

Anyway now when i try to get back to windows setup I can't even do that. My screen shows the message "Keyboard error or nor keyboard present" and no lights on the keyboard light up either.

It is a USB keyboard, and I tried a USB to PS/2 adapter with no luck.

Any suggestions? or did I just make myself a paper weight?

2. ETech7

ETech7

Is your keyboard recognized in bios?

3. Crazer

Crazer Thread Starter

I dont know. it wont recognize at all. no lights turn on, (like the caps lock light or num lock light etc) when it says press F11 for setup and I try it, nothing happens nothing is responsive. my mouse doesnt even light up on the bottom anymore.

4. ETech7

ETech7

Try different ports/usb devices.

5. Crazer

Crazer Thread Starter

Okay sorry it took so long to respond. I tried multiple USB ports and the PS/2 port. I tried having the Install CD in and out. still nothing. I still get the "Keyboard error or no keyboard present" error message

I also tried my keyboard on another computer and it worked fine... I also tried a different keyboard on the "not working" computer and it had the same effect.

6. Crazer

Crazer Thread Starter

*bump*

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090416

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice