1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Failed to connect to a windows service error!!!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by elpaisa407, Oct 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. elpaisa407

elpaisa407 Thread Starter

Hi everyone! I am new here and I been looking this problem up in a bunch on forums but I had to luck in fixing this issue. Hope someone is able to help!!

Well today I just got the Failed to connect to a windows service error (Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service) and last thing I remember doing was updates last night. Haven really installed anything for months on this computer.

I have tried to go into services to stop and start the System Notification Event Service, but whenever I stop the service I get another error which is: Windows could not stop the System Event Notification Service service on local computer. Error 997: Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.

Please help!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD A6-3420M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 18 Model 1 Stepping 0
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 3562 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6520G, 512 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 440 GB (357 GB Free); D: 20 GB (2 GB Free); E: 3 GB (1 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 169B
    Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

2. tecknurd

tecknurd

This may help.
    Code:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-networking/error-997-overlapped-io-operation-in-progress/1176b87a-b9d5-489b-83b9-3a15df7b12c3

3. elpaisa407

elpaisa407 Thread Starter

Checked out that post, but nothing worked. Tried everything they said and still no luck. Thank you for the help though.

4. Lanctus

Lanctus

Have you looked at restore points made before your updates were installed? If the issue stems from the updates, this could save you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1217665

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice