1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

failed to connect to server imap.mail.netcenter.com

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by S Phily Lily, Jan 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S Phily Lily

S Phily Lily Thread Starter

Get this message when I try to download mail with netscape address: "failed to connect to server imap.mail.netcenter.com" Have to go to netscape site to pick up mail from one netscape account; can't do it from netscape mail program with other email addresses.

Switched to netscape mail because I couldn't pick up my AOL mail from another computer while away. (AOL Anywhere didn't work). Figured I could get netscape anywhere.

So, I set up 2 email accounts with netscape. Have isp in addition to aol so I set up that email with Netscape, too. Have one isp and 2 netscape email accounts.

Seems to be a problem with more than one mail account on netscape. Do I need two different identities for 2 different email addresses? Netscape help file says I can have multiple addresses from different email systems.

Need to separate business from friends from surfing emails.

If anyone has suggestions on email program to use that I can access anywhere, please tell. Incredimail made my 'puter crazy and I still cannot remove the files....they return and return and return. Too many viruses with outlook.

Thank you. LK

2. S Phily Lily

S Phily Lily Thread Starter

Thank you. Finally figured it out myself by signing on a new netscape account and looking at the settings.

Didn't have SMTP outgoing mail server correct. Should have had "mail.'isp name'.com" in "Account settings", advanced. LK

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114955

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice