"Failed to import address book" problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

canamup

I am trying to transfer my Thunderbird address book to Webmail 5.2.2 and keep getting the "failed to import" error message. I export the Thunderbird file with .csv format and believe I am following all the other directions correctly but keep getting the error message. Does anyone have a clue on what might be going wrong? Thank you!

I am including The Webmail instructions here:

Webmail offers you the ability to import a list of contacts from another mail application. Currently, only the Microsoft Outlook 2000, 2003, Express 6, and Thunderbird CSV file formats are supported. Remember, each contact will be added to the All group regardless of the destination group to which you import your CSV file.

To import a contact list

Click the import destination group in the application pane.
The group window opens in the List pane.
Click Manage Contacts.
Click the Import tab.
Choose the import file format from the drop-down list.
Browse to the contact file you want to upload.
Click the file to select it.
Click the Open button.
Choose the group that will contain the new contacts from the drop-down list.
Click Import.

Webmail will import the contents of the file and assign the contacts to the All group.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online