Failed to install.net framework

Sabbir

I'm using HP computer brand, windows 7. While installing .net framework version 4.8,4.7 and 4.6, I fail to install it and I get the message: Installation failed because- the timestamp signature and/or certificate could not be verified or is malformed. Please help me on this issue and if i find my solution, I shall remain ever grateful for you.

Thank you.

Attachments

peterh40

Peter
You only need to install .NET Framework 4.8 becauseit will replace previous versions of 4.x.

Sabbir

1. Post the link where you tried to download the NET files from.
2. What browser are you using?
3. Have you tried another browser? If so, what happens?

Information about NET 4.6
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-windows-99b5ead3-b1e2-cdba-ceac-a498653e49c8
Offline installer for NET 4.6.2
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53344
Thanks for your kind information.
This is the download link of .net framework 4.8.
https://download.visualstudio.micro...c8b71afe25e69d161ba83c0f8348593/ndp48-web.exe

I'm using chrome browser. For your kind information, are you suggesting me to download .net framework from another browser?

I will also try to download from the link you gave me. If it works I will let u know.

Thank you

Couriant

James
I don't know about 4.8 but previous builds of .Net I can only seem to install via PowerShell.

Why do you need to update the .Net?

plodr

Liz
If a download isn't working for me, one of the first things I do is try another browser. All our Windows 7 computers have at least 3 browsers.

I don't have any version of .NET 4 framework installed on 3 of our 4 Windows 7 computers. The on that has NET 4, only has been updated to NET 4.5.1. I never installed any other NET updates. Nothing I do needed it. I also don't have chrome installed on any Windows computer so I can't troubleshoot.

Sabbir

If a download isn't working for me, one of the first things I do is try another browser. All our Windows 7 computers have at least 3 browsers.

I don't have any version of .NET 4 framework installed on 3 of our 4 Windows 7 computers. The on that has NET 4, only has been updated to NET 4.5.1. I never installed any other NET updates. Nothing I do needed it. I also don't have chrome installed on any Windows computer so I can't troubleshoot.
I have successfully installed .net framework 4.6. I want to express my fullest gratitude towards you for this. Thank you so much. I have downloaded the .net framework 4.6 from the link you gave me and it successfully installed. But I don't think if its working in my system or not. Because I needed .net framework 4.6 to run an application known as "honeygain" and even after installation of .net framework 4.6 it still shows that .net framework 4.6 or upper version is needed. So by the way, that is not necessary and thanks for all your help and support.

Sabbir

I don't know about 4.8 but previous builds of .Net I can only seem to install via PowerShell.

Why do you need to update the .Net?
I just need to get .net framework 4.6 or upper version for running an application known as "honeygain".

Couriant

James
I just need to get .net framework 4.6 or upper version for running an application known as "honeygain".
OK. Sometimes an app install will still show it;s needed but you have it installed... generally you can still install the app.

As to the app itself, if it's the service where they pay you to use your internet connection for queries, be mindful if you do not have have a high level tier (unlimited would be better) as they are using your data usage, you may go over and then you are paying more then they are giving you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online