Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Failed to write installer file (No such file or directory)

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  blueykazooie 
#1 ·
Hi there, new to this site and hopefully I posted this in the correct section and that it abides by the rules :D

I am trying to install razer synapse 3.0. I downloaded from their website (https://www.razer.com/synapse-3), once the file is downloaded and saved when I try and run the program it will create a file that I can open with any text editor and it will show (Failed to write installer file (No such file or directory)). I have tried troubleshooting this with razer for weeks and have got nowhere. I have found older versions for synapse 3.0 online and tried to install and continually get the same error. I have checked my windows update and everything is up to date. I have completely cleaned razer from my computer along with my registry for anything razer related. I would really appreciate any help on the matter and hopefully a solution :D please let me know if there is anything else I can provide for you to help.

Attachments

#2 ·
Not sure if this is the issue, but in DXDIAG I noticed this:

Windows Dir: E:\WINDOWS

If Razer is hardcoding or assuming the windows path is C:\Windows, like it normally is, I could see you getting this sort of error. I would hope they aren't doing that. But you can try to bypass by unzipping the RazerSynapseInstaller_V1.0.131.167.exe that you downloaded to a folder, then running the RazerInstaller.exe that's in there. Normally the installer decompresses to C:\Windows\Installer\Razer. That folder would not exitst there for you, so perhaps that's the issue here.

You can use 7zip to decompress their archive.

#3 ·
you're an absolute legend! razer wasnt even able to diagnose why this was happening, I tried using winrar to open it up for myself because I was thinking along the same lines by trying to move my brothers files of razer to my computer and they didnt work properly. I just used 7zip and was actually able to look at the files for the .exe and its really nice to learn something new. https://gyazo.com/e0a3b8dd266be96408421891044f2ea0 Look who has synapse installed! I appreciate it alot :D I really do this made me sad about my purchase of the new keyboard for awhile now and im dumbfounded I didnt think of 7zip lol thank you

#4 ·
I made an account to thank you guys for this. I was having the exact same issue and this solution fixed it for me! Going to link this solution all over the Razer forums, where people are having issues installing Synapse 3.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU I was beginning to plan for a return for my mouse, but I tried for one last google... you guys are awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.