Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

failed updates 32 of them keep failing upon shut down

Solved 
716 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Macboatmaster 
#1 ·
I have windows 7 home premium and 32 important updates downloaded. When shutting down the message is don't turn off machine and installing the 32 updates but they always fail. They are office 10 updates (which( office 2010) I don't have on my machine) and every time I go to shut down now it says it is trying to install these 32 updates. (I have office 2003 on machine but not office 2010 and not sure why Microsoft thinks they need to be installed but they fail, so not sure how to kill them out of the download without losing my good windows 7 updated history. Thanks. Joe

#2 ·
This is why you are being offered updates for Office 2010 when you have Office 2003
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ffice-programs-that-you-do-not-have-installed

as explained on the link it will do no harm to install them
Are all the 32 failed updates for Office

If so clearly Office updates have not been installed at least not successfully for sometime

Do all NON office updates install without problems
If you have chosen NOT to install a previous Office update then as explained on the link that is due reason for some subsequent updates to fail
If you select one of the updates and then click More information on the right pane I would not be surprised if you found that one of the failed relied on another update being installed first - if that was one of those that you chose not to install at sometime in the past

Are any of the failed 32 security updates and how any of them in total are optional

#4 ·
Cheers
so have they now installed
I do appreciate you have marked it solved

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.