1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Failing Emails

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Flatface, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flatface

Flatface Thread Starter

Hello

I have a couple of problems that I'd appreciate some advice with please.

1. for no apparent reason I am suddenly unable to send an email to an address to which I have been successfully communicating with for about 7 years. The target email is in Italy and they have looked into the problem stating: "My mymail server put some extra spam filters in the last weeks so you should contact your mail server (technically speaking,they said that your IP nr has not more a connection with my mail server- ),so they need you to ask them to make a PTR reserve " My ISP company says that it is down to the Italian ISP company to ensure my email address is listed as being acceptable. Any ideas?

2. again for no apparent reason lots of my agents worldwide with whom i have been communciating for about 7 years can no longer get emails to me. If they reply to one of mine, it seems okay but, if they send an original email, it just doesn't reach me. I have got my ISP company to remove all my spam filters to test this but, apart from 100's of spam per day, I am still failing to receive many messages. I can access my server via webmail directly and these messages are not even reaching my server so it's not down to the filters on my PC. Ideas welcome!

3. I keep getting the following message after every 'send and receive'. I tried updating my MS Outlook as per instructions from my ISP company but it changed nothing.

Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

4. lastly, I do not receive any of the 'receipts requested' on my own emails when trying to verify receipt.

I think that's it for now!

Thanks very much.

Flatface

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/589936

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice