1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Failing services/ Explorer/Programs on start up

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by renda85, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. renda85

renda85 Thread Starter

Hey everyone...

My New Viao thats just 2 weeks old got the best of me. It currently has Vista business.

It all started when I was download a movie that required Via. I installed quick time and restarted the labtop. After logging in to desktop. i received "explorer has stopped working". i was not able to log on to my desktop from then on. when i would open the task manager to run explorer i would errors and i wasnt able to restart explorer.

i restarted the computer is safe mode with cmd. did a sfc scan.
    it told me that it was 99% complete but it was not able to fix all the corrupted files. i then did a chkdsk scan, and re-did the sfc scan. same out come. i have the CBS log to see which files it couldn't fix.

Now every time i log on to desktop, everything starts failing,
    "windows live mseeneger stopped working, "host process for windows services stopped working" , 'windows media player stopped working" my Internet explored disappeared and i get a "Iexplorer is not a valid win32 application". It cant install the drives when i insert a USB key. i even get the blue screen of death at times.

I did a system restore and it didnt help. i tried to repair windows through my vista cd, and it didnt detect anything ot repair. I'm really stumped on this. I do know that everything works in safe mode.

i have the file i got from System file checker, i didnt want to post it, theres alot of text!

2. ayjayoh21

ayjayoh21

I think my problem is similar - did you manage to fix this or can anybody help ?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644871

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice