Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Failing to accept HDD PW

992 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  valis 
#1 ·
Hi everybody,

it's my first post here and I have a serious problem.

My old laptops motherboard burned, so I stripped the RAM and HDD an threw the rest away. I bought a used Toshiba Satellite Pro without the HDD.

I put the old one into new laptop. But I had set HDD pw on my old laptop. I remember it 100% correct but the new computer does not unlock the drive. It says: HDD Password Invalidate Press any key to continue.

I tried going through Bios but it says "Registered". AndI cant select the Drive, going up/down on the list they just skip this drive.

I also tried booting straight from windows Disc to format and reinstall Windows but it askes HDD password before even booting up the disc.
Any Ideas how I can get rid of password or get the computer to accept it?
eidt: I dont necessarily need the data from the disc. I do lose some valuable pictures but I am happy if I can just format and install new wimdows.

See less See more
#2 ·
howdy and welcome. You may want to re-read the rules page, as we will not assist in bypassing passwords.

Please do not ask for assistance with (or ways to bypass) a forgotten or unknown password, personal identification number (PIN) or any other type of access code that may be required on a computer, mobile device or web site. As there is no way to verify the actual situation or intent, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.
thanks for understanding,

v

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.