Failing to execute command in Ruby

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

outrachous

Hi everyone,

I have gotten a case-interview/presentation where I am supposed to prepare an excel file for migration with the company software. I got a 23 step guide, where I was only supposed to do the first 12 prior to the presentation. The steps are shown below. I've done the first 4, but then didnt understand what ws meant with nr 5., and when I execute nr 6, something happens, but I cant see that a new folder named "MigrationFolder" is created.

I had some problems before with the ssl connection when using ruby 2.1.9, so I have upgraded to Ruby 2.2.3.
below are the steps I am supposed to follow, and afterwards a screenshot of what happens when I execute command " move-to-go new MigrationFolder excel " (of course without the ".."). I tried another command "move-to-go new excel-migration excel" with the same result.

Move-to-go step by step.
##MIGRATION

1. Go get Ruby... (should be 2.1.X, 64-bits).

2. Open “Start Command Prompt with Ruby”.

3. Enter this command "gem install move-to-go to install" or 'gem update move-to-go' to update.

4. Wait.

5. "Cd" (Change direction) to folder where you want to put the migration folder.

6. Enter this command "move-to-go new MigrationFolder excel" (or other list-source).

7. Now a folder named “MigrationFolder” is created.

8. Enter the folder.

9. Open up the ruby file “Converter.rb”, this is the place where you do the mapping of the fields. There you have a lot of comments with good help with the mapping. :).

10. Now that you are done with your mapping. You enter the command cd MigrationFolder.

11. Enter the command "move-to-go run". a. Now Ruby maps the source-file data with the converter file you edited. Wich results in a XML file that contains the fetched data and that Go can read.

12. When it says “Source has been converted into ‘go_0.zip’.” You go ahead and log on to https://admin.staging.lime-go.com.
upload_2017-5-4_11-13-10.png

upload_2017-5-4_11-14-7.png

So grateful if anyone will help me with this!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online