1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Failure in writing CD

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by pwillton, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pwillton

pwillton Thread Starter

My system is Windows XP home edition and is has been updated regularly. Speed 2.8 Ghz and memory 512Mb. It has Sonic Record now. I have and Optiarc RW CD/DVD and a Flexwriter CD RW. I cannot write directly to these I can no longer see the instruction
    WRITE THESE FILES TO CD
    when using Windows explorer. When I try to copy files to my CD writer it says that the format of a blank disk is not recognised by Windows.

I have used RESTORE to a date well before the problem but this has not done the trick.
    I have used SFC /SCANNOW but still there is a problem.

I may know what has caused this. I was having problems playing music CD generated on my computer. It turned out that the lens on the CD player was dirty !!! I changed the CD RW player and tried to install some software for that particular drive and it seemed to suggest that the firmware was being changed. Perhaps that was the cause.

Your assistance would be much appreciated and I would certainly help others in return. I spend quite a bit of my time helping over 70 year old to get into computing so can take a very gently approach with advice.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!