Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Failure to connect to System Event Notification service (V2)

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  db31065 
#1 ·
Sorry, I know that a thread already exist with the Title "Failure to connect to System Event Notification service".
But having tried everything in the thread and without any success, I decided that it was important to post the solution that fixed the problem in my case.
I had the problem with Windows 7.
After many hours trying anything I found on the web, I was being reinstalling my BitDefender AntiVirus.
(Because I uninstalled is to allow me to perform a System Restore to a date before the problem occured)
Anyway my System Restore did not work.
Then, while I was reinstalling BitDefender, the problem was still there...
But during the re-installation of BitDefender, the installer told me that I should uninstall MalwareBytes because it could cause conflicts. So I did.
Then after rebooting, and the problem was gone at the next login and then BitDefender finalised it's installation.
So, I strongly believe that it was solved by uninstalling MalwareBytes.
Now, after 4 reboots, I don't see the problem anymore.

See less See more
#2 ·
There are two types of malwarebytes, the free and pro versions. Even the free version wants to install initially as a pro trial which means it's an active scanner rather than on demand like the free version is supposed to be. Having more than one active virus or malware scanner installed at one time can cause problems, but you can have any number of on demand scanners installed at the same time as your one active scanner since they only run if you ask them to (on demand).

I have seen programs like that ask if you want to install the pro trial and even if you opt out they still install certain files so you can activate the trial at a later date. That may be the issue here where malwarebytes installed things you opted out of without your permission that conflict with bitdefender. You might have some luck contacting malwarebytes to see if they will give you a link to an on demand only installer so you can still use it along with bitdefender. It's worth a try if you like malwarebytes as I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.