1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"fake antivirus" Antivirus 2012 still lingers after reformatting.. Please help.. :/

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by PrivatePC, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrivatePC

PrivatePC Thread Starter

Basically, a year ago I found myself on the wrong side of the internet and got a "fake internet scan" telling me I have many virus's. Sound familiar? Well, I managed to remove it, or so I thought. Just recently I got this exact message that popped up on my computer screen. "Explorer.exe would like to access computer, if you did this click confirm" of course I clicked cancel.. the scary thing is it kept popping back up. I gave in and clicked confirm and the fake antivirus popped up. So I did a recovery first, NOT a reformat YET. It stayed active for about a day and then the same "explorrer.exe" popped up again.
    Getting straight to the point! (sorry so much typing, but it may help you solve the problem or atleast figure it out)

I restarted and reformated my computer to its original state, thinking it would destroy the source and or file of the virus location. I got Norton all updated, but I noticed something and gasped. " An intrusion attempt by localhost was blocked " Now wtf?
    Looked at more of the details.
    Risk name: Port Scan
    Risk level: medium
    Default action: Block
    Attacking computer: localhost (127.0.0.1, 48000)
    Destination address: localhost (127.0.0.1, 48009)
    Traffic Description: UDP, 48000

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029026

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice