1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fake Email Addresses.

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by linskyjack, May 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. linskyjack

linskyjack Thread Starter

I have been getting these stock tout sheets from some greaseball---there is no way to opt out and absolutely no identification of anyone you can contact. I noticed that they seem to be creating phoney email addresses using legitimate domains---Anyone have any idea on how to stop this assault?

2. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Sounds like your mail program does not have a Spam filter....there are some things that you can try.

I use Gmail, has one of the best spam catchers I know of, since I've had it, that is all I use. You need to be invited to get a Gmail account. You can then use the Gmail address for any shaky or doubtful sites you have to register with, all their spam, if any, will go to Gmail and may be caught or you can adjust the settings to filter mail from them. Blocking whole domains can sometimes keep you from getting legitimate mail, however if you use a filter, you can prompt the spam filter to stick bad mail into the Spam folder and you can at least look at them and decide what you need or don't want to see anymore of.

You can read up on Gmail here> http://mail.google.com/mail/help/about.html

I have some invites, please Private Message me or email me and I can give you an invite. You need to send me a good email address with you real name.... that's the way it works, and, do NOT post that info into a Reply, you already have a spam problem and by posting your address you are giving it away to spammers. PM me with a non-Hotmail address to send you the invite, include a name also. Thank you!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/464416

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice